About the job
MNX Solutions supports provides 24x7 monitoring, and management of cloud infrastructure on both public and private clouds. We also support small businesses and provide cybersecurity and IT services.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Have at least 5 years of experience administering Windows Server.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, Group Policy, and other related services.
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to function with minimal direction in completing the responsibilities of position.
- Working knowledge of enterprise system backup and recovery systems.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task various and conflicting responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Root cause analysis experience.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Occasional local travel.
- Being responsible for customer onboarding, daily administration, technical support, and maintaining consistent configuration -- with particular focus on security and automation technologies.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction in promptly responding to requests, resolving incidents, and managing changes.
- Ensure documentation including procedures and processes are accurate and up to date.
- Being part of the on-call rotation.
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading Windows Servers, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS and other related services.
- Assist in the research, planning, implementation, and support of all Microsoft applications.
- Assist in developing and managing server, storage and application configurations within the Intel/Windows platform.
- Perform hardware/software installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Responsible for checking daily logs for backup & monitoring systems.
- Performs ongoing performance and system management to ensure the smooth operation and overall efficiency of the Windows Server environment, including upgrades, patches, backups, performance monitoring and notification.
- Provide management reports and recommendations regarding capacity planning for resources within the position's scope of responsibility.
- Evaluates new technologies and tools, testing and installation of new Windows Server systems hardware and software.
- Configuring, allocating and managing system resources (disk, memory, etc...) as needed within the server environment.
- Design, build, tune and maintain operating systems and associated hardware in support of assigned business applications.
- Assist the help desk by providing level 2/3 support of the client computing infrastructure
- Participate in off-hour on-call problem resolution process (on-call rotation).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- MCTS - Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- VEEAM Backup & Replication Administration experience
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, Office 365, etc.)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage provided at 100%
- HSA, 401k