Great security and auditing resource for your network
The Center for Internet Security has a great list of security configuration and audit guidelines.
A great resource comprised of 40+ consensus Security Configuration Benchmarks for Operating Systems, Middleware, Software Applications and Network Devices.
The Benchmarks are:
- Recommended technical control rules/values for hardening operating systems, middleware and software applications, and network devices;
- Unique, because the recommendations are defined via consensus among hundreds of security professionals worldwide;
- Downloaded approximately 1 million times per year;
- Distributed freely by CIS in .PDF format (some are available to CIS Members only in XML format via the CIS Members web site);
- Used by thousands of enterprises as the basis for security configuration policies and the de facto standard against which to compare them.
Visit the benchmark/tools page to download your copy.